- The "Policy Position" Section is the most important portion of your paper, as it represents the synthesis of your research and analysis. A common mistake on the immigration research paper was to rush quickly through the comparison/synthesis portion.
- Your "Policy Position" should be categorized under a broad "Idea" such as The Truman Doctrine, Manifest Destiny, or World Policeman. You should provide the details of your position as it would apply to several types of crisis, such as invasion of an ally, climate change, etc. If you explain your broad position well (ex: World Policeman) you should not feel the need to address every potential crisis.
- See if your Broad Recommendation works well with our "Crisis Scenarios", but don't use them!!!
- You need to incorporate evidence from your case studies to back up your Policy Position
- Audience: The future administration (Don't use names)
- Language: Stick with an informal tone, but keep your audience in mind: "We recommend xyz" and "the evidence tell us that"
- Don't forget MLA format!
Some Advice on writing that "3-4" level paper:
Government, Economics, and College Writing